The Occupational Safety & Health Administration requires employers to provide all workers with clean and readily accessible toilet facilities. OSHA has given a few guidelines for what employers should provide when it comes to toilet facilities.
- The number of restrooms should be adequate for the number of employees (no long or unreasonable waits).
- Employers should not impose unreasonable restrictions on restroom use
- Restrictions should not cause delays in using the toilet facilities.
- Workers should be allowed to leave their workplace to use the restroom.
- Toilet facilities should be reasonably located and easily accessible.