Information about Workers Compensation

If you've been injured or gotten sick in the workplace there are several options to help you support yourself and your family while you cannot continue to work. Worker's Compensation is run at the state level and if you have been injured or gotten sick on the job you should contact your local Worker's Compensation Officials.

Most offices should help provide you with the following:

  • Wage replacement benefits
  • Medical treatment
  • Vocational rehabilitation
  • Any other benefits that are relevant to your injury/illness (tests, information, options, etc.)
If you are the employer of a worker who has been injured it is important that the injury is reported with in 48 hours of you finding out about it. Your company should keep a log of injuries for your records. Your employee should also create their own record of events. The Occupational Safety & Health Administration will fine companies who do not keep these records and report injuries and illnesses caused by the workplace.
Back to blog

Leave a comment

Please note, comments need to be approved before they are published.