Beginning last week, OSHA fines have increased a whopping 78% for the first time in over 25 years.
Fortunately for employers, the Occupational Health & Safety Administration provides many free resources to help with compliance.
To determine compliance with OSHA, every employer should ask and answer the following questions:
- Am I covered by OSHA?
- What are my responsibilities as an employer?
- How do I identify and control safety hazards in the workplace?
- How do I comply with OSHA rules and regulations?
- How do I comply with OSHA's record keeping, reporting, and poster requirements?
- What happens if OSHA comes to inspect my facility?
- What resources does OSHA offer for my business?
- What rights do my workers have?